Representative Employment Cases
Employment Litigation Sucesses
The Yocca Law Firm LLP’s attorneys know results matter. The Firm has successfully represented both Plaintiffs and Defendants in State and Federal Courts, and before various Government Agencies. Their successes include*:
- Secured summary judgment for financial institution client in a race discrimination lawsuit filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court, which was upheld on appeal through the California Supreme Court. Hagberg v. California Federal Bank, FSB, 32 Cal. 4th 350 (2004).
- Secured summary judgment in favor of corporate client in a sex discrimination/equal pay act lawsuit brought in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona. The case resulted in a reported decision. Stokes v. Microsemi Corporation, 2003 WL 22114276 (D. Az. 2003).
- Successfully defended public company client in a whistleblower case brought in the Orange County Superior Court, securing a dismissal with prejudice after prevailing on a motion for summary judgment.
- A successful jury trial defense verdict in favor of a veterinary clinic and its owner against a former employee’s claims for sexual harassment and hostile work environment filed in the Orange County Superior Court.
- Successfully defended large aerospace company in a wrongful termination lawsuit brought by former employee, securing a dismissal with prejudice in exchange for a mere “waiver of costs.”
- Successfully defended public company client against former employee’s claims for wrongful termination, pregnancy discrimination, and violation of the California Family Rights Act, securing a dismissal with prejudice in exchange for merely a “waiver of costs.”
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of former employee’s claims for disability and national origin discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in favor of corporate client in exchange for only a “waiver of costs.”
- Successfully defended corporate client in an overtime pay matter brought by the United States Department of Labor. The Department ultimately accepted a settlement of less than one percent of its initial demand.
- Successfully defended employer against former employee’s complaint for retaliation before the California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, resulting in a finding of no liability.
- Successfully defended large aerospace company against a former employee’s claims for wrongful termination, retaliation, and age and disability discrimination, securing a favorable settlement for a de minimis amount.
- Through zealous, yet efficient litigation, the Firm has successfully defended against, negotiated, and secured numerous favorable settlements on behalf of all types of clients (sole proprietorships to large public companies) against all species of employment related claims.
- Successfully negotiated a mid-six figure severance package on behalf of a terminated executive from a major pharmaceutical company.
- Prosecuted and secured a six figure settlement on behalf of a salesperson wrongfully terminated and discriminated against by her employer based on her perceived disability and gender.
- Successfully prosecuted and negotiated a six figure settlement on behalf of a salesperson based on former employer’s misclassification, breach of contract, nonpayment of wages and other wage and hour violations.
- Successfully negotiated a six figure severance package on behalf of a terminated manager from a major North American Automobile Dealership.
- Negotiated high five figure severance package on behalf of a former misclassified employee from a stainless steel tubing manufacturer.
*These representative cases are intended to provide information about the employment law litigation experience of The Yocca Law Firm LLP. Every case is different and past results do not predict or guaranty future outcomes.