Representative Business Cases
Business Litigation Successes
The Yocca Law Firm LLP’s attorneys know results matter. Their successes include*:
- A $13.2 million recovery for its client from a well-known sporting goods manufacturer in a trademark and antitrust action.
- Securing a judgment ensuring approximately $8.0 million in insurance coverage benefits from Travelers Insurance Company, including coverage for an underlying punitive damage award.
- A unanimous jury verdict award $5.3 million and a complete defense victory against a cross-complaint for a public company semiconductor manufacturer. After prevailing in the six-week jury trial, the firm’s client recovered, and collected on, $7.6 million due to post-trial motions the firm filed.
- The successful defense of a corporation and its principal officer in a high-profile securities fraud action brought by the State of California on behalf of 2,000 investors. The State of California had sought over $50,000,000 in penalties plus a life-time bar from the securities industry. After a three-week trial, the firm resolved the case for less than one-half of one percent of the amount demanded, with no licensing bar whatsoever.
- After successfully moving for summary judgment in a real estate matter involving allegations of fraud, and also successfully moving for summary judgment in its client’s favor on a cross-complaint, the Los Angeles Superior Court awarded every penny of the firm’s attorneys’ fees, and expressly ruled: “Having witnessed first- hand the representation provided, both in writing and in person, the court further finds the quality of the work presented to the court by defendants was at a very high level of quality, certainly on equal ground with the work of the very best attorneys in this community.”
- A jury verdict for its public company client, defeating its adversary’s complaint alleging product defects, and awarding the firm’s client over $1 million on its cross-complaint.
- A successful jury trial defense of an electronics distributor in a terminated sales representative case, securing nonsuit following the close of plaintiff’s case.
- A jury verdict in excess of $1 million in a trade secret tortious interference action brought in the Los Angeles Superior Court, successfully representing the client through the appeals process, and ultimately collecting every penny of the judgment through the appellate bond.
- A $1.95 million recovery from Aerojet Rocketdyne in a government contracting dispute involving claims for equitable adjustment and termination compensation.
- Many multi-million-dollar recoveries in merger and acquisition disputes where buyers refuse to release held back funds or escrows
- A recovery of $2.95 million in a professional negligence, legal malpractice matter, following discovery and a successful opposition to a motion for summary judgment.
- Successfully representing its client in the United States Court of Appeal, Federal Circuit, securing the affirmance of the denial of a preliminary injunction resulting in a published opinion. Nitro Leisure Prods. LLC v. Acushnet Co. 341 F.3d 1356 (Fed. Cir. 2003).
- Summary judgment for a financial institution in a race discrimination action brought in the Los Angeles Superior Court, which was upheld on appeal through the California Supreme Court. Hagberg v. California Federal Bank, FSB, 32 Cal. 4th 350 (2004).
*These case successes are intended to provide information about the litigation experience of The Yocca Law Firm LLP. Every case is different and past results do not predict or guaranty future outcomes.